You can probably recite a number of ways that a timely legacy migration process could benefit your organization. Some that come to mind might include:
- Cutting costs associated with legacy system maintenance
- Eliminating worry over insufficient vendor support for older technology
- Ensuring access to skilled resources capable of maintaining a more modern system
- Reducing the risk of lost productivity and data from system disruptions
- Boosting application and platform capacity
- Enhancing effectiveness of your data utilization
- Strengthening your capability to respond quickly to market opportunities
- Maximizing security and minimizing your exposure to hackers
- Optimizing infrastructure efficiency following a merger or acquisition
Your specific situation may provide the opportunity for even more benefits than these. And naturally, as you seek out a solutions provider you’ll look for a partner that has proven capability for moving applications and data safely and securely. One who is adept at working with both your existing technology and the target environment, Who operates at a very high CMMI level to ensure confidence in processes and methodology, and who will deliver your solution with sufficient documentation to ensure operational continuity.
Click on the Quick Hit case studies for illustrative examples of our work, above.
Just keep in mind, however, that all migrations solutions are not created equal.
PROG9 Consulting can indeed meet all of the essential requirements, deploying resources from our Centers of Excellence where we house expertise in Java and Microsoft technologies; database architecture; data warehousing; and more. In addition, we can go beyond these essentials to develop a strategic partnership with your organization. Then, when other service providers would focus solely on your migration project, PROG9 can look at the bigger picture. We’ll make sure your technology and data work in harmony with your IT infrastructure and business processes, delivering an added-value solution that results in greater overall efficiency and effectiveness.